Sleep Hypnosis for sleeping problems can be very effective for teaching the mind to let go of the world and allow the body to get the rest it needs. People need at least 7 hours of restful sleep in order to fight off disease, stay alert and maintain a good memory. Getting 8 hours of sleep is optimal. Hypnosis is a safe, non-habit forming alternative to over-the-counter and prescription sleep aids, which are often addictive.
If you chronically have problems sleeping, the first thing you should do is visit your doctor. Sometimes illness and disease are the underlying cause of sleep disorders. Once any medical problems have been ruled out, you can treat your sleep problems with hypnosis and other safe alternatives to medicine.
There are a few simple self-hypnosis techniques you can find for free on the Internet. For many people, these work just fine to help them relax and fall asleep. If you have other issues bothering you that are preventing you from falling asleep, the aid of a hypnotherapist may be necessary. Many of these therapists see their patients on an individual basis, and some have developed audio or video CDs or DVDs that are helpful for getting better sleep.
Try This Sleep Hypnosis Technique :
There are a few other things you can try that may help you fall asleep and get the rest you need:
- Develop a nightly routine and follow it every night.
- Avoid artificial blue light for at least 30 minutes before bedtime. This includes cell phone screens, computer screens, televisions and other electronic devices.
- Go to bed at the same time every night and get up at the same time every morning.
- Avoid naps until you have established a regular sleeping routine.
- Keep your bedroom at a comfortable temperature.
- Avoid noise at night, such as a radio or TV. If you need to drown out the noises of others, use white noise or a sound machine.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine.
- Eat well and get enough exercise.
Hypnosis can help you learn to clear your mind, and it is an effective treatment for getting to the heart of things that are bothering you. If you have tried everything and still are unable to get the sleep you need to function and be healthy, a trained professional hypnotherapist can be a great solution. Hypnosis is not unlike sleep. In fact, hypnosis is a mental state known as Alpha. You pass through this state naturally as you fall asleep and wake up.
You are also in an Alpha state 75% of the time that you are watching television. Hypnosis is far from unnatural or mythical; it is a natural state of mind for you to be in part of the time. During this state, the mind is more suggestible than when you are fully awake and alert. If you are hearing positive messages during this suggestible state, your mind will hold on to positive thoughts.
Trained, professional hypnotherapists can also address negative thoughts during hypnosis sessions. Teaching the mind to let go of these negative thoughts and feelings often frees the mind to relax and allow itself to achieve peaceful, restful sleep.